JOB TITLE: SERVICE ENGINEER
1. PURPOSE OF JOB
The job is primarily mobile with the engineer attending breakdown calls requested by the service department. To attend blast freezers, cold stores and tempering units to rectify problems with the aforementioned units or to carry out planned preventative maintenance visits as scheduled with service department. The primary objective of this post will be to improve operational reliability and reduce repair and maintenance costs.
2. KEY FEATURES
– Attend sites in a timely manner and ensure all possible work is carried out to ensure the correct operation of the equipment.
– Arrange remedial action where required, following up where necessary to ensure all work has been carried out.
– Ensure any “trends” in failure types are reported to the office without delay.
– Where appropriate provide operating instructions and guidance to end users.
– Identify and arrange repair of damaged units in liaison with the service department, assisting with obtaining customer order number if required.
– Carry out site surveys and assist with installations as required.
– Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely and professional manner.
– Other duties and special projects as required.
– To cover 24 hour call out duty as and when required.
– To work away from home as and when requested by the Company as necessary, to carry out the above duties.
– To keep records of stock held on the service van and stock issues.
4.1 Ensure Health and Safety, electrical and environmental regulations are always observed.
4.2 Ensure group refrigerant policy is respected.
4.3 Alert immediate superior to significant problems in good time.
Attractive salary package available for a suitably qualified candidate.
A City and Guilds Refrigeration qualification Level 3 is essential.
Experience in on-site servicing of machinery and equipment used in the HVAC industry.
apply through our website at www.shorttrecruitment.ie