Our Client is seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for their Manufacturing Operation based in Kildare. The company is involved in the Food Manufacturing Sector.
Duties will include:
- To promote good health, safety and environmental practices throughout the site.
- Ensure that Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments and Business continuity plans are produced and kept up to date to reflect changes in personnel or process.
- Develop and monitor Risk Assessments and make recommendations to ensure a safe effective workplace.
- Review and update the safety statement.
- Conduct daily COVID-19 audits.
- Conduct GA1 checks on all ladders, steps and podiums.
- Review and develop health and safety procedures in keeping with best practice and company Policy.
- Maintain a record of the accident, analyse trends and take remedial action where necessary to improve or reduce accidents /injuries.
- Investigate accidents or near-misses. Prepare accident reports including recommendations to prevent a recurrence.
- Liaising with the head office regarding any accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Liaising with relevant authorities and bodies such as the HSA etc as necessary
- Report Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences in line with RIDDOR reporting.
- Ensuring all contractors, third parties and visitors are compliant with H&S requirements of the site
- Conducting internal audits and ensuring the site is audit-ready at all times.
- Assist and support operational managers in the preparation of risk assessments and safe working procedure.
- Identify opportunities for continuous health, safety and environmental improvement.
- Conduct health and safety induction training.
- Identifying site H&S training needs and deliver training sessions for employees and management as required.
- Must have a recognised health and safety qualification.
- Sound knowledge of H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Two years of H&S Management Experience
- Ability to produce Monthly KPI Reports.
- Ability to create a positive and safe environment for the site.
- Work as part of the site leadership team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing sector is beneficial but not essential.
- Train the trainer qualification (training delivery and evaluation).
- Manual Handling Instructor and Forklift Instructor qualifications would be beneficial.
- Attractive Salary package available for a suitably qualified candidate.
CV to email@example.com or phone: 0578661600